Do you pick up at the cruise ship terminal?
- Yes! We are licensed for pick up and a guaranteed on time return to the cruise ship terminal. You will fin your pedicab waiting for you a few feet from the passenger exit doors. Simply choose your tour start time with your reservation. We strongly encourage reservations for your cruise visit as we are very busy during cruise ship arrivals.
Can we make stops during the tour?
- Yes, dismounting opportunities are a pedicab tour advantage. We offer many stops during tours so that guest can visit sites, take photos (or have your guide take them for you), have a rest room break, pick up a snack or beverages or simply stretch your legs.
Are the tours suitable for families with kids?
- Yes. Our experienced guides know how to hit the right buttons to keep the kids entertained while the adults relax. We often hear the children begging to go for a ride on our pedicabs. The kids know a fun thing when they see one! By request, we make stops to feed seals and visit a petting farm–kid favourites. Seat belts help ensure little bottoms stay on their seats.
What about wheel chairs and people with disabilities?
- There is one step to climb and a handrail to assist in boarding. Your guide will make every effort to help. Collapsible wheel chairs can be carried on the back of our pedicabs or arrangements can be made to have it stored at your hotel lobby. For those with hearing or sight impairments; we make efforts to enhance the tour with descriptive narrative or stops so our guests can lip read. We will limit dismounting opportunities in accordance with ability. For many with disabilities, our pedicab experience allows guests to see parts of Victoria that would otherwise be very difficult to achieve.
What if the weather is bad?
We do have rain canopies and rain skirts for your comfort. Summers temperatures can range from 13C to 25C (55F to 80F) so please bring appropriate clothing for the trip. If the weather is particularly inclement we will provide a full refund or make a rain check for later.
What languages are offered?
- By request and when available, our guides have been able to offer French, Spanish, German, Vietnamese and Japanese tours. Please call to see if we can accommodate.
Are they safe?
- Yes, very safe. All our cabs are professionally manufactured by a Main Street Pedicabs in Colorado, U.S.A. Safety features include disc brakes, seat belts and reinforced frames. Victoria is a very bicycle oriented town. On many streets, there are specially designed bike lanes. Guests constantly remark about how courteous drivers are towards cyclists and pedestrians. We are proud to announce that we have a perfect safety record since we began operations in 2001.
Is there a motor underneath the cab?
- No. Our operators have the horse-like strength but we smell better! Besides that, we know how to avoid the hills. A one hour tour typically covers 10 kilometers (6-7 miles).
Do you guarantee your tours?
- Like any good business, we offer a full refund (and our apologies) if there is any reason that you have not enjoyed your experience.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours can be cancelled or postponed when we receive 24 hours advance notice.